Not gonna lie, this post is being made from the city hub. We are EXHAUSTED! haha! We keep trying to plug away but after 7 days of non stop city exploring and walking miles on miles from start to finish, you start to fiss out a bit.
Amsterdam is probably the coolest city ever though. It's almost like New York City in that you could explore and do fun things all day long. It also can cost ya a lot of money. Today started at the Anne Frank house which is probably one of my favorite museums to date. I don't know why but I have this odd obsession with the holocaust. I like to know all about it. It was so unreal to think about all that went on, and to hear the entire story from start to finish. It was so sad to be in the actual house that they hid for two entire years until someone told where they were, and they were discovered and sent to Auschwitz. Fun fact, Auschwitz means "Asshole of the World" and I think that's pretty accurate. They probably meant this for the Jews, but I mean it for the Nazis!
Again, I'm tired so I'm going to hit the highlights of our day.
- Anne Frank House
- Pannenkoekenhuis aka Pancake Bakery
- By far my favorite restaurant yet! Pancakes bigger than your head. I'm going to link up their MENU so you can see how epic.
- I Amsterdam Sign
- The skies were beautiful for an amazing picture
- Museums in Amsterdam
- Heineken Brewery to find out it was $20 each
- We decided we have spent enough money as it is, and it wasn't worth $40
- Coffee and Dessert (a daily activity)
- 3 mile run through Voldenpark (beautiful park in Amsterdam)
- Showers and rest
- Begijnhof (hidden secret courtyard that closed at 5 and we went at 6-BOOO)
- Public Library (view from the top shows the entire city and it was closed-buzz kill again)
- Dinner at Subway and chilling
- Headed out for drinks tonight downtown!
Amsterdam is a beautiful city that is super touristy so there is tons to do and see. You will not get bored here, and you will enjoy every moment, so it's a top rated spot for everyone if I had to choose ONE. We leave for our last spot tomorrow....BERLIN! We will be there until Sunday in which we finally return home. We can't lie that we don't miss our puppies! :)
With love and travel,
Katie & Tanner