My plan today was to blog about all of the lessons that I've learned in hybrid training, because there are a ton of mistakes that I've made along the way. But, one of my best friends in NYC to text me that she had an awesome recipe to share and I don't do recipes often (which I want to do more of) so I wanted to share this one.
So, without further ado ...
Liz's Zucchini Pasta
6-8 mushrooms (I used portabella mushrooms)
1 chicken breast (already cooked)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2-3 cloves garlic
2 tbs. olive oil (I didn't measure just threw it in the pan)
1 zucchini (spiralized)
1) Spiralize your zucchini and set aside
2) In a pan, heat up your olive oil and add sliced up onion
3) Sautee your onion until caramelized
4) Add cut up mushrooms and 1/4 cup chicken broth (you can add more or less broth depending on how much liquid is in the pan)
5) Sautee until mushrooms are soft
6) Add your cut up already cooked chicken breast. I used left over baked and seasoned chicken I had in the fridge.
7) Add the spiralized zuccini, remaining chicken broth, and minced garlic and stir it up.
8). Let it steam for a few minutes until the zuccini softens.
You can add as much or as little olive oil as you wish depending on if you care about the fat content of this or not. However, just tossing some in a pan is not going to make a big deal. And basically, this recipe turns into a REALLY fun, easy and tasty way to have chicken with veggies. It's that simple! I hope you enjoy, and I'm excited to try this when I get a spiralizer. I've been wanting one, so I think that I may ask that for a house warming gift from my hubby ;) It looks like we will be closing on a home the weekend of July 18-July 20th! YAY!
Macros (depending on oil used and chicken used) so I would just plug the amounts into your myfitnespal however it will be approximately: 15g P 8g C 4g F if serving 4!
Let me know if you try this recipe! I think you'll love it!
With love and spiraling,