THIS ONE IS FOR THE BOOKS! (or ebooks eventually HA)
It's a very simple recipe that I've used before with my Protein Oreo Cheesecake, and it tastes just as amazing! These are my two favorite flavors so I can't choose between them, however for fall, this is such a protein treat!
Protein is not as hard to get into your day as people think. You just have to be creative. Each slice has 2g F 8g C 22g P and the whole cake has 16g F 64g C 176g P! haha!
Let's get right to it!
- Eggs (2 whole, 2 white)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (I actually used Cellucor Cookies & Cream and it was amazing but I recommend Vanilla)
- 2 (8 oz) packages of fat free cream cheese
- 3 (5.3oz) small Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (or you could just get the big tubs and use 16oz
- Canned Pumpkin Puree (You will use 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Torani Sugar FreePumpkin Pie Syrup (I bought mine at World Market-you can get this on Amazon and I'm going to use it all season in tons of recipes-it really has a strong wonderful flavor)
- 1/2 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (I killed it with cinnamon as this will cook out and I was trying to get that strong pumpkin spice taste
- dash of baking powder
- 7 tablespoons of baking stevia (8 tablespoons= 1/2 cup so you could just do that but I didn't want the fake sweetener taste to be too strong so I kept adding and tasting)
I know this looks like a lot of ingredients, but really a lot of them are to get that pumpkin flavor which we all love so much! The general base for a protein cheesecake is so easy and quick, so don't be afraid to try it without the pumpkin stuff if you don't have that! :)
- Preheat oven to 250
- Mix all ingredients (I used my Kitchen Aid)--I have an "appliance garage" at my new house which is such a funny word but I love it because I can put my appliances out of site, but yet so reachable when needed! This is where I keep my blender for my waffles which is right beside my protein waffle station ;) HA!
- Spray round pan!
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Turn up heat to 350 and make another 30 minutes
- This cooking situation that seems odd allows for the inside to cook and then the outside to get crunchy creating a true cheesecake type texture.
I immediately wanted to photograph this cheesecake and so the first piece out was like cheesecake slop. HA! So, that reminded me to tell you guys that while taste testing is totally fine, you might get that firm cheesecake feel if you let it chill overnight or like 4 hours or something. This morning, it was perfect!!
Let me know if you try this as I love seeing my recipes on facebook and instagram of course!
Last, but not least, I have had a lot of people comment on my photography of my images lately. Let me tell you that I am NOT a photographer. I have had to do tons of research, and one of the most (and cheapest) comprehensive guides has been this ebook. I have decided that I'm not going to hold back anything that has helped me be successful as a blogger and soon I'm going to start giving tips very frequently and have a place on my blog that will help you personally get started with making money with blogging. It's so fun to watch others succeed and learn this world. So, I know it's just another thing to purchase, but I had to invest in myself to really get going to learn things and if you want an amazing book to help guide you with photography, this is the one!
With love and pumpkin cheesecake,