The picture that I posted of my white chili got a lot more attention then I expected. I thought that the picture didn't do it justice so that just means that it's even better than you thought! haha!
If you search white chili on the inter-webs you are going to find a recipe that is very similar to the one that I'm posting minus the fact that I'm never going to spend time with garlic cloves and what not. My mom and I tried to do the whole mincing our own garlic one time, and we said NEVER AGAIN! Waste of time when they do it for you in the little jars! haha!
Anyway, let's get to it.
- 2 lbs chicken (you will be cutting into small bite sized pieces)
- 3 can white northern beans (not drained)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans green chiles
- 2 cups fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1/2 onion
- Garlic salt to taste (and regular salt always extra because I love salt)
- We cooked the chicken prior and set this aside
- Throw in crockpot and let it work it's magic powers for 2-3 hours then added back the chicken in the final 30 minutes.
It's that easy, and it was SO good. I started with 2 cups of white northern beans, and only 1 cup of sour cream, but it was needing some extra so I threw in some more stuff and it ended up being really good!
The macros are for 1/12 of the crockpot which is still a good amount. This amount is very hard to calculate in soups as you are going to get a variety in each serving however let us not be obsessive, and enjoy our soups! ;)
With love and fall recipes,